[OSGeoLive] Open Data Cube short description

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 02:45:35 PST 2023

Hi all,

This application is pending, since it arrived late for 15.0.

Motion to include Open Data Cube in OSGeoLive 16.0 (given we find a
volunteer to prepare quickstart documentation, installer already in labs
folder)

My +1,
Angelos

On 8/3/22 03:36, Caitlin Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for including the Open Data Cube in the upcoming release of OSGeoLive. On behalf of the steering council, we’re grateful for your efforts and would like to continue working with you on improving how people can use the ODC in OSGeoLive.
>
> You requested a short summary for the overview page, which I have included below:
>
> The Open Data Cube (ODC) is an Open-Source Geospatial Data Management and Analysis Software project that helps you harness the power of Earth observation data. At its core, the ODC is a set of Python libraries and PostgreSQL database that helps you work with geospatial raster data.
>
> Core features:
>
>    *   Catalogue large amounts of Earth observation data
>    *   Use a Python based API for query and data access
>    *   Perform exploratory data analysis using popular Python libraries like Xarray, Pandas, and Matplotlib
>
> Details
> Website: https://www.opendatacube.org/
> Licence: Apache 2.0
> Software Version: 1.8.7
> Supported Platforms: Linux, Mac, Windows
> API Interfaces: Python
>
> Kind Regards,
> Caitlin Adams
> ODC Steering Council Chair
>
> DR CAITLIN ADAMS
> SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
>
> M  +61 423 681 009
> E   cadams at frontiersi.com.au<mailto:cadams at frontiersi.com.au>
> PO Box 286, Collins St West VIC 8007
>
> [cid:image001.jpg at 01D8A724.B93CF230]<https://twitter.com/_FrontierSI_>   [cid:image002.jpg at 01D8A724.B93CF230] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/caitlinisabeladams/>  FRONTIERSI.COM.AU<http://frontiersi.com.au/>

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos