[OSGeoLive] Newbie query about Geoserver on OSGeoLive 16

Anzir Boodoo ab at transcience.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 08:11:13 PDT 2024

Hi,

I’ve just installed OSGeo Live 16 on a server I would like to set up to serve mapping data. However, I can’t get Geoserver to start properly, the web portal just says it’s unavailable…

I haven’t found Geoserver’s help to be any use to me, as I can’t identify where the installation of Geoserver is, and it seems even Linux ‘find’ isn’t bringing it up.

What am I doing wrong? I thought I would start with an apt-get update/upgrade cycle, but it also seems that maybe the repositories aren’t all set up?

Am I just getting everything wrong?

Thanks

—
Anzir Boodoo MRes MILT