[OSGeoLive] torchGeo Announcement today fyi

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Feb 14 09:25:01 PST 2024

Adam Stewart
<https://torchgeo.slack.com/x-p2452312413189-6515041120788-6662639412640/messages/C02DD9Q76SE/team/U02DD9JS335>
February 14th at 9:12 AM
<https://torchgeo.slack.com/x-p2452312413189-6515041120788-6662639412640/archives/C02DD9Q76SE/p1707930777670939>
@channel we're excited to announce that TorchGeo has officially joined
the Open Source Geospatial (OSGeo) Foundation! Check out our new project
page: https://www.osgeo.org/projects/torchgeo/What does this mean for
our users? Not much will change in terms of direction or governance, but
OSGeo offers additional advertising, stability, and legal support. We
also plan to apply for an OSGeo incubation program, which may provide
funding for additional conference tutorials and outreach. Stay tuned for
additional announcements, and feel free to join OSGeo as members so we
can all build better open source geospatial software together!

--
   --Brian M Hamlin    /  MAPLABS  /  Berkeley, California