[Oskari-user] Oskari versions & GFI

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jan 17 05:30:51 PST 2018

Hi Sanna,

GFI content that is queried from WMS-services has been changed in 1.44.0 with this PR: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/pull/77. It basically removes any tags that is NOT listed here: https://jsoup.org/apidocs/org/jsoup/safety/Whitelist.html#relaxed-- from the HTML-response, but seems to keep the text-content inside removed tags (like HTML-title…). Currently we think it’s a bit too restrictive and have plans to relax the constraints a bit in 1.45.x or 1.46.x or make this more configurable. In practice this means that for example CSS-style definitions that one might have in GFI HTML-templates are removed before they are shown on the user interface. So any customized table header row background color etc will be removed. Using something like <tr bgcolor=”[color]”> will probably work (haven’t tested) but using <style> tags won’t work as they are not part of the whitelist.

I don’t think there are any new fields added to (or removed from) the layer administration in the last versions so things like XSLT are still there. There are some internal changes in capabilities parsing functionalities coming up in 1.45.x, but nothing really that affects users.

Adding layers provided by different servers should work as long as the capabilities document is parseable by GeoTools 14.2. (current version Oskari uses). Known issues here are capabilities documents that link to schemas that require authentication (and missing schemas). I’m not sure but I think at least MapServer does this if the layer requires authentication. Newer version of Geotools can work around this, but we are still in the process of updating the library version. Also having self-signed HTTPS certificates on the WMS-server might be a problem.

BR,
       Sami