[Oskari-user] Upcoming Oskari 2.9.0 version

Mäkinen Sami sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Sep 2 03:45:47 PDT 2022

Good news everyone,

We are closing in on releasing the 2.9.0 version of Oskari later this month. There's not too much new functionality on this release, but a bunch of smaller fixes and quality of life improvements. Most notable change is that we are removing the special "default UI" with text button for layer list on embedded maps and have a new React-based version for it that defaults to the "round dark" button (with a popup to show the list) making it more consistent with the default UI for most other functionalities.

If you have some changes you would like included in the release, now is the perfect time to make those pull requests happen!

Also we had a blast last week in FOSS4G 2022 Firenze! We held a workshop for using an embedded map to show attractions and demoing the possibilities of Oskari RPC API. The hands-on part of the workshop can be found here: https://oskari.org/documentation/examples/FOSS4G_2022/workshop. My lightning talk slides for the changes from tech perspective is available here: https://zakarfin.github.io/oskari_foss4g_2022/

Cheers,
Sami