[Oskari-user] PSC meeting & upcoming release

Mäkinen Sami sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Feb 13 07:46:17 PST 2023

Good news everyone,

We had a PSC meeting today where we discussed for example the Java version bump we should use as an upcoming requirement for Oskari. Currently the build requires Java 8 and possible options are 11 for maximal support or 17 for accessing the more recent language features. If you have opinions on this please make us aware of them. The full notes can be found in https://oskariorg.github.io/psc/psc-memo/2023/02/13/PSC_February2023.html

We are nearly ready to release the next Oskari version (2.10). The planned release date is set to 21.2. and it will include a full rewrite of tools that are on the map and many improvements to theme support among other goodies.

Cheers,
Sami