[Spam/Pourriel] [OTT_OSGEO] Fwd: GIS Day Speaker

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Oct 10 16:32:25 EDT 2006

I think we should try to have an OSGEO presence.

We were talking about this and other possible exposures at the last meeting.

Perhaps if there is interest we could have an interim meeting for those interested in making an apearance...

I personaly wouldn't mind listing to a keynote speech by Roger Tomlinson of Tomlinson Associates Ltd here in Ottawa. Just a thought.

Otherwise perhaps a Carleton University Graduate that has started a company in the field of GIS and Geomatics, or  has contributed to the fiel through active research. This can be empowering for students.

Maybe somebody using GIS within the United Nations.

Or someone using GIS in new and exciting applications. Like mapping those little ants that consume huge swaths of the Amazon Rainforest. Forget the name of the researcher, but that's just an example.

Cheers