for those not at the FOSS4G2006 conference - video feeds available

Scott Mitchell Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca
Wed Sep 13 05:48:39 EDT 2006

Greetings from Lausanne, I'm at the Free and open source software for
geoinformatics 2006 conference.

Although the time difference makes it a bit awkward for you in Ottawa
to see the morning sessions (we're six hours ahead of you), some may
be interested in the live feeds of some sessions being sent from here
using quicktime video - see the links at the main page ( http://
foss4g2006.org ).  Currently (11:44 local time), the mayor of Vaud
canton is speaking about the use of open source software in local
governments in Europe, and if you were to have been up at around 3 or
4am Ottawa time you could have seen "our locals" Frank Warmerdam and
Dave McIlhagga speak.  Frank even mentioned the Ottawa group :)

See you back in Ottawa!

Cheers,
Scott