[OTT_OSGEO] Meeting Thursday October 5

Godwin, Elizabeth Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Sep 22 10:39:18 EDT 2006

I'm planning to attend!
See you then!

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sampson, David [mailto:dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca]
	Sent: September 11, 2006 12:51 PM
	To: users at ottawa.osgeo.org
	Subject: [OTT_OSGEO] Meeting Thursday October 5

	Hey Folks,

	For our next venue for our meeting I thought we could try out
the Clocktower Brew Pub.

	This venue will allow us to have our own space in their basement
from 6-7pm. Which will be perfect to ensure we keep the organized
component to a minimum. Their basement is set up for food and drink and
server will be through.

	Map:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Patty's%20Pub%201186%20Bank%20Street&ie=UTF
-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wl
<http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Patty's%20Pub%201186%20Bank%20Street&ie=UT
F-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wl

	If you can drop me a line letting me know if you are planning to
attend that would be great. Our booking is tentative until I get back to
them with numbers. I just need a rough estimate. I would like to firm up
plans soon, but I don't want to rush people.

	This venue has wireless internet, which will be great for our
presentation by Mike Adair on Map Builder.

	Project Web Site: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home>

	MapBuilder is a powerful, standards compliant geographic mapping
client which runs in a web browser.

	Key Features

	*	Browser based mapping client
	*	Standards compliant, supports the Open Geospatial
consortium <http://www.opengeospatial.org/> (OGC) standards
	*	Renders maps from Web Map Services (WMS), Web Feature
Services (WFS), GeoRSS, Google Maps
	*	Supports editing map features to Transactional Web
Feature Services (WFS-T)
	*	Allows users to build their own maps, then save and
share them, using Web Map Context (WMC) and Open Web Services Context
	*	Easy to use
	*	Fast and interactive - built using  AJAX
<http://adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000385.php>
	*	Works with most modern browsers (Firefox 1.0+, Internet
Explorer 6.0+, Mozilla 1.3+, Navigator 6+)
	*	Customisable and easy to extend
	*	Open source under the LGPL
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>  licence
	*	No plugins required

	If you wish to learn more, you can try the on-line interactive
tutorial <http://geodiscover.cgdi.ca/mapbuilder/userGuide?page=intro>
or the Examples <http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Examples>  and
read the on-line user-guide
<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/User+Guide> .

	Hope you can make it.

	P.S Feel free to spread this invite to anyone you think might be
interested in learning more about MAPBUILDER. They are welcome to
attend.

	Cheers