[Ottawa_users] GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Tue Dec 4 08:34:45 EST 2007

I've agreed with Dave to host a GRASS and QGIS workshop as our local
activity this month.  Due to timing issues between our end of term
student needs and Dave's schedule, we've settled on next WEDNESDAY,
Dec 12 for the event.  Please note this has changed from the Dec 13
previously posted on the Wiki - sorry for the confusion.

Dave, Phil, and I will make sure the lab is in shape this Thursday.
If anyone is interested in learning about COMPILING GRASS, you're
welcome to come join us, but this will not be the "official" event.
Drop me a line privately if GRASS compilation or Linux software
installation interests you.

Next Wednesday, we'll start in the GIS lab in Loeb A237 at Carleton.
The Loeb building is near the south-west corner of campus - maps and
some parking guidance are posted on our wiki page (http://
wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter#Next_Meeting).  OCTranspo
also serves the campus through the O-Train, and routes 4, 7, and 117.

After the hands-on session, we'll head to a pub for the social end of
the meeting.  I'm working on confirming a reservation, and will post
the details to the wiki when that's finalized.

Drop-ins are most welcome, but if you ARE planning to attend, an
email to smitch at mac.com would be appreciated, so I can anticipate
confirmed numbers.

Cheers,
Scott