[Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Geng, Xiaoyuan Gengx at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Oct 9 10:18:24 EDT 2007

The "Canadian chapter with branches" is very creative idea. I like it!

Cheers!

X Geng

-----Original Message-----
From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Kralidis,Tom
[Burlington]
Sent: October 9, 2007 10:01 AM
To: Pagurek,Debbie [NCR]; Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
Subject: RE: [Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Thanks Debbie; correct, I've been working on creating a GTA chapter in
recent weeks.  I agree with J.F. here, there would be pros and cons here
to starting a Canadian chapter.

I would see a Canadian chapter to be of value to those in a Canadian
locale who do not have a chapter (which, currently, is everyone not in
Ottawa).

On the other hand, putting things "national" could (could) cause an
oversight into recognizing / dealing with local issues.

What about having a Canadian chapter with branches?  This way, anyone
across Canada can participate, and those with a critical mass can call
themselves a branch.  The bottom line IMHO is being as inclusive as
possible.

..Tom