[Ottawa_users] Summary of last night's meeting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 12 09:52:58 EDT 2007

First, thank you to those who attended last night's get-together.  I've
already been bombarded with "how was last night's meeting?" questions in
the 10 mins I have been here, so for all those curious (and there seems
to be a lot this time), here is a summary of discussions:

1) GeoTec

- discussed DaveM's idea of having an open source geospatial component
at GeoTec conference, which is June 2008
- group decided that having a 1 day session before conference would be
enough (for code-sprint type things), as well as possibly having a track
of presentations on a single day during GeoTec (so the open source gang
can pick that one day to attend the actual conference, since the cost is
so high)
- question brought up:
    - can attendees pay a special price if they only want to attend the
open source sessions on that one day?
    - other questions?  (please speak up in this thread)
- all agreed that we need to move on this asap

2) GIS Day
- group discussed the chapter's involvement in GIS Day (Nov 14th ?) at
Carleton U and Ottawa U
- it was agreed that we should have a presence at both
- Scott Mitchell will follow up with Carleton, myself with Ottawa U
- we're looking for volunteers for booth duty for both locations (speak up!)

3) Next Meeting
- exact date was not selected but early Nov is desired
- how is Nov 8th for everyone???
- any volunteers for a presentation?

--
jeff