[Ottawa_users] October meeting

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 14:48:42 EDT 2008

OK, the next "first Thursday in October" is tomorrow, and neither of
the new chairs has done anything, but on the other hand, a number of
our members are lucky enough to be in South Africa right now at the
FOSS4G conference.  It runs through the 4th.

I'd really like to hear how the conference went, and propose our next
meeting explore that topic - what was learned, what was new, where is
the community going?  Would anybody there at the moment, or perhaps a
tag-team of you, be willing to think about such things and then tell
us about it when you get back?  This could be as structured (ha! well,
I'll keep that there to be thorough) or informal as you like.

Assuming this idea has merit (alternative suggestions for a topic
welcome, as always):  although next Thursday (the 9th) is one option,
I will be out of town that week, and as selfish as it is, I'd really
like to be there to hear from you.  How are the 16th and the 23rd for
everyone?

Let us know!

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Mitchell
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, and
Geomatics and Landscape Ecology Research Laboratory
Carleton University
Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca