[Ottawa_users] OSGeo workshops/etc.

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Tue Apr 14 07:54:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Dave Sampson wrote:

> there was chat about some people interested in some GRASS workshops or
> tutorials on other software.
>
> What do people think?

   I'm interested to learn more.

   At work there are some "lunch and learn" sessions that are being hosted
by ESRI.  They use a combination of a remote desktop (MS Live Meeting, but
could just as easily be Citrix gotomeeting.com or similar) and a
conference call.

   I've asked the organizer if we could continue these sessions later to
include the OSGeo components as well.  What I don't know is the details of
how that might be done.  In the case of ESRI they may be free and come out
of their marketing budget -- so now sure how to do the same for OSGeo
which doesn't have such a budget to dip into.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"