[Ottawa_users] September meeting and OSM event

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Thu Aug 27 11:59:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Sampson, David wrote:

> Are you suggesting that the OpenMocco has GPS capabilities? ... I could not
> find any reference other than photographic motion timelaps....
> (http://openmoco.org)   Please provide ref if openMocco is offering GPS
> capabilities

   I was told that the Neo FreeRunner had a good GPS receiver in it, and I
was planning on doing more research.  Unfortunately work and other things
have been keeping me busy, and I haven't spent the time yet.  It is just
my preference to have entirely unlocked hardware with FLOSS software.  It
might turn out that the Neo won't fill my needs (OpenMoco or Android,
given Android has been ported to that hardware as well).

   Here is what I think about locked hardware *smile*
http://straight.com/article-249403/russell-mcormond-canadian-law-should-be-updated-protect-us-digital-locks
(Another encouragement for people to send in submissions to the
consultation).

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"