[Ottawa_users] Meeting for December

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Wed Dec 2 10:09:24 EST 2009

Hi Phil, Everyone,

Unfortunately I'm out of the country then so I can't make it.

I'd offered to do a talk on mapping in Drupal. Because I can't make it,
here's a short video that people may be interested in:
http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/node/613  I'd be glad to talk about it in the
future and of course answer any questions via. email in the meantime.

Dave, regarding dimdim.... I've used it quite a bit hosting the call on XP
and it worked well. It did let me down when I tried to host a call on Linux
though so I'll have to come back when I have time and see if I can whack
that into shape. As an alternative, I am always happy to record talks
locally. FOSSLC has some great 100% open source software that does this.
See: http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/node/596

Andrew

2009/12/1 Philippe Vachon <philippe at cowpig.ca>

> Hi all!
>
> Well, I've been a terrible chapter co-chair (or at least, a very busy one,
> that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).
>
> Anyways, I was thinking, December is here, and it's the beginning of the
> month, and it's been a few months since we last had some sort of gathering
> of minds to discuss the impacts of open source software on the geospatial
> world! So, perhaps early December is a good time for this, right? I'm sure
> everyone is approaching holiday mode, so hopefully more people would be able
> to make it out.
>
> So, two points:
> a) Who would be interested in a chapter meeting, say sometime late next
> week (Thursday, December 10th, I'm thinking). Same time (6:00 PM), same
> place (the Fox and Feather Pub on Elgin).
> b) Are there any folks interested in doing talks? I'm sure someone's been
> up to something cool... otherwise, we can have a more informal meeting, with
> a lot more of the "eating, drinking and being merry" routine.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,

Andrew