[Ottawa_users] Fwd: open source in Cdn gov't

Dave Sampson samper.d at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:28:53 EST 2009

Saw it, Love it.

it will be interesting to see where this goes. Of course there are many
issues to consider, but the fact that all technology solutions can play
on an even playing field is good... let the best of breed prevail.

In a way I think this will be a good kick in the but for the FOSS
community to organize. The FOSS4G in many ways is making great progress
in this area already. The key is to hook onto to open and interoperable
standards and not the technology.

Winds of change are good.

Cheers