[Ottawa_users] Democracy and Technology

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:43:10 EDT 2009

Greetings all!

I am part of the organizing group of DemTech 2009 (http://demtech.ca/) -
Democracy and Technology: Canadian Citizenship in the Information Age.  It
is a first of hopefully many conferences that will bring those themes
together.  We are looking for a couple of things:

a) Speakers - see the themes
b) Sponsors - big and small

I thought there might be some thinkers in OSGeo who would have some
interesting projects to showcase along the themes of the conference, or who
may have some thoughts and ideas to share about geo-democracy, access to
geodata, open data, etc.  If so, either submit an idea to the call itself,
or give me a call.  The audience will be a mix of geeks, new media folks,
librarians and geo folks from government, non-profit and private sector.
The objective is to begin a conversation about this issue in Canada.

Cheers
Tracey
--
Tracey P. Lauriault