[Ottawa_users] FOSS4G 2009 conference, and local chapter news

Scott Mitchell scott_mitchell at carleton.ca
Mon May 4 21:07:21 EDT 2009

Just in case any of you aren't on any of the other mailing lists this
just came out on, I'm doing as I've been asked and passing it on to
the local list.

Potential mailing list fatigue aside, it is a fantastic conference
(confidently presuming past events are a good predictor), and I'm
looking forward to going.  If you have the chance, I definitely
recommend it.  Great opportunity for interesting travel, too.

It is a big investment to get to Australia from here, though, so
clearly many of you won't be joining me. Please let me know if there's
anything you'd like to be passed on to the larger group from our
chapter, or information you'd particularly like me to watch for.  I'll
bring it up again before October.

The specs:

2009 Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G)
October 20-23, Sydney, Australia

http://2009.foss4g.org/

Register prior to the July 31st Early Bird Deadline to
save on your registration fees!

Join 500 other geospatial professionals in
exploring and explaining the world of
OPEN SOURCE geospatial software.

Workshops, labs, presentations, and networking,
all in beautiful Sydney, Australia.

SUBMIT A PRESENTATION

Submit a presentation online at
http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/

The deadline for submissions is June 1st, 2009.

FOSS4G presentations are 25 minute talks, with 5 minute
question and answer sessions at the end. Presentations
cover the use or development of open source geospatial
software. Anyone can submit a presentation proposal and
take part in the conference as a presenter. More
information is available on the presentations page on
the website.

EXHIBITOR AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

For information on exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities,
see http://2009.foss4g.org/sponsorship/ or contact Cameron Shorter,
Conference Chair via email at cameron.shorter at gmail.com.

We hope to see you in Sydney, Australia in October!

Yours,

The FOSS4G 2009 Conference Committee