[Ottawa_users] Some of us are home safe

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Fri Oct 30 18:48:16 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I arrived home safe last night. I counted it up... spent 58 hours on planes
flying to, from, and around Australia. I don't know about the others but I
I'm thoroughly done with airport terminals and going though security for a
while.

As one of my Ingres colleagues in Australia said to me: "Is a third of the
conference from Ottawa?!" referring to the good representation of the local
folks in Sydney for FOSS4G.

Next meeting we can talk about the experiences of those that went.

Also, stay tuned for videos of the talks - FOSSLC was there and recorded
most of them. We had a few volunteers bail on us at the last moment so some
days we only recorded 3 or 4 of the 5 rooms. It's a pity as the reason they
bailed was that they wanted to catch talks in other rooms we were
recording... c'est la vie I suppose.

Also, in case we're looking for fodder, I could talk about Drupal & the
location + mapping plugins running on Ingres - this is a little project we
did recently and demoed in Sydney along with our other stuff. It's kinda
neat and makes mapping data very easy.

If you're interested, my pictures are up here:
http://bit.ly/3LcxAq

Safe journeys to those still down under. Best of luck to those fighting jet
lag. ;-)

--
Andrew