[Ottawa_users] Request: Organizing a local committee to plan more activities & increase monthly turnouts

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:26:53 PDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I would like to start a local committee (virtual of course) to look at ways
to 1) improve/update our exposure to promote the group to increase our
monthly turn outs & 2) plan more monthly/annual activities (in the context
of more meet up presentations/workshops/outside of planned meet up coffees
etc)

some quick thoughts include:
revamping our ottawa wiki site [1] (need some newer pics)
promotion/marketing (how to let more people know we exist, web
presence/other)
ideas to foster increased engagement (community projects/workshops/coffee
hours etc)
planning & engaging speakers more formally
planning at least two larger type events annually
putting on a code sprint/hack fest

I don't see a large time commitment from this. More of a do what you think
is exciting & will help make our local chapter even better!

Look forward to hearing from you:)

Richard

@richardburcher
drownedfrog at gmail.com