[Ottawa_users] Re: Change of Chair

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:22:26 EST 2012

Hi and Happy New Year to all,

First a big thanks goes to Teresa for all the great work she has done. I
would also like to thank Christy for all her she has done and for agreeing
to help me.

I'm very excited to have been asked to do this. I look forward to carrying
on the great & friendly atmosphere that Teresa has cultivated. I would like
to see the scheduling remain the same; usually the 3rd Thursday of the
month if the majority of people are okay with this at the Fox & Feather. I
will be soliciting input at beginning of the month to set the final date.

Being the New Year, I invite all to forward suggestions, thoughts etc. of
what they would like to see happen this year. Be that a list of
presentation topics, guest speaker ideas, mini-workshops, change of venue
that has wi-fi or anything that you think would make these meetings that
much better.

For myself, I would like to see more presentations, perhaps a night with a
lighting talk format (I will be contributing with some of my work on
in-situ sensor networks & landscape analysis). I have been thinking of
starting up a coffee hour at a Bridgehead (other?) for people to just drop
in and chat geo. I missed the OpenStreet Mapping workshop Teresa organized
and think there is interest for a mapping party? Let me know what you think
about my ideas/suggestions.

Please feel free to email me here on the list or at my contact details
below.

Have a great week and hope to see you all soon:)

Cheers,

Richard Burcher

drownedfrog at gmail.com
@richardburcher