[Ottawa_users] Recap of last weeks meetup

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Jan 25 09:09:58 EST 2012

I can help advise on creating QGIS plugins. I created a GeoRSS and CSW
plugin a couple of years back and demo'd for local OSGEO group. They are
probably broken now requiring version upgrades. By no means am I a pro
but I went through the hard knocks.

The plugins were both done in python (2.x) and using QT library. As I am
now using python 3.x for all new python projects (where possible) I
wonder if QGIS can use python 3 now, it has been a while

Community Plugin Project page here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qgiscommunitypl/

So I can help someone put some material together however between work,
running a ski school (http://freeheelers.net/) and a community non
profit (http://computersforcommunities.ca/c4c/) I have no spare cycles
to put together a quality tutorial.

Let me know if you want to venture down this route and we can work
together. I have a couple of pending QGIS plugin projects in my brain I
might be able to collaborate on.

Cheers