[Ottawa_users] FOSS4G 2014

Andrew Ross fosslc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 17:49:31 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be slow to provide an update about this. Unfortunately, Washington
D.C. was not selected for FOSS4G 2014. Pity! To be honest I really don't
know the rationale. We do know they tied a few times before the tiebreaker
ultimately selected Portland.

We have no regrets and are proud of the team and the awesome bid we
submitted. We still really greatly appreciate your support. Thank you!

We will be doing an event in Washington D.C. anyway. And it will be
awesome. More on this soon as the final details are being sorted.

Kind regards,

Andrew