[Ottawa_users] Fwd: [Journal] Blog Updates and Volume 13

Fabien Ancelin fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:50:37 PST 2013

Hello Christy,

Here is the list of presentations that have been done since I joined the
local chapter of Ottawa, in July 2012. There was two presentations. The
other meetings have been about enlightening talks and exchanging ideas.

  July 2012

Javed did a presentation on TED stack, a stack of open source software on a
Linux virtual machine designed to provide people with the software they
need to deal with spatial information.

November 2012

Presentation about generating  you own cache using Mapnik

 In terms of objectives, a couple of them were mentioned last time. The key
ones are :

   - Maintain or increase the number of presentations
   - Considering the connection between OS Geo & other groups (like Open
   Data Ottawa)
   - Stimulate the exchange of information between OS Geom members
   - Find ways to increase the visibility to non OSGeo members.

Feel free to add more or modify this if you need too.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.