[Ottawa_users] Ideas for GIS-Day

Fabien Ancelin fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 08:11:11 PST 2013

Hello folks,

Javed suggested that we have a booth for GIS-Day and offered to man the
booth for most of the day. I think this would be a great idea if it is not
to much of a pain for him. If someone wants to assist him with that, it
would be appreciated. I am going to be short on time to manage the booth
while Javed is presenting in addition to my own presentation.

I had an interesting talk with Regie this Monday and we came up with the
following points of discussion regarding the booth we plan to have for
GIS-Day.

   - What about having a computer on display with a running version of
   OSGeoLive 7, so that people can try the different pieces of software?
   - What about having small posters that describe the organization? It
   means we need someone to create them.  I don't think I have much time this
   week that I could dedicate to that. So does anyone want to do it?