[Ottawa_users] Minutes of the meeting. September 26th 2013.
fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 13:12:09 PDT 2013
You will find below the minutes of the meeting of September 26th 2013.
*Feedback & Sharing Experiences :*
- Recap on Software Freedom Day. Small attendance, but the event
happened. OSGeo Ottawa has been out there and we know have a better idea
and experience regarding how to organize this kind of event.
- FOSS4G Nothingam. Andrew, Richard and a couple of other members were
coming back from FOSS4G 2013, which happened in Nottingham. They shared a
bit of their experience.
*Future Events :*
- Andrew has already forwarded an email to all the member about an event
organized by locationtech on November 4th. For those who didn't receive it,
here is the link : http://locationtechottawa1.eventbrite.ca/
- We are looking forwards to being involved in GIS Day. The event will
be held on Nov 13 at Carleton University. OSGeo Ottawa has forwarded a list
of the abstracts to Scott. Contact me or Javed if you want to join,
*Projects on the list :*
- We are considering being able to upload power points and video of the
demonstration that have been done. I should be creating an OSGeo account in
the next couple of days where at least the presentation of the SFD will be
*Suggestions : *
- Richard has suggested that we extend the meetings to more topics which
wouldn't be only related to Open Source, but also to other topics that are
GIS-related. It is a really interesting topic. The end goal is to have more
interesting dicussions and reach out to more people. We have several ways
to do that. The best way in my opinion we would have is to remain the OSGeo
Ottawa, focused on Open Source, but open the discussion to any kind of
GIS-related topics during the meeting. I will be creating a thread this
week so that we can all discuss on that.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ottawa_users