[Ottawa_users] Hardware requirements for GIS

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 15:57:13 PDT 2013

Hi Julien,

Really depends on the volume of data, data type, processing being done &
tools involved.

In general I would say that any reasonable dual core or better machine with
at least 4GB of ram is more than adequate for working within QGIS. I'd
recommend x64 with 8GB ram, ram is cheap. If you're looking to do statistics
with R, the more memory the better when dealing with spatial data.

Cheers,

Richard