fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:45:50 PDT 2014
Javed, mentionned the idea of organizing a geocaching party. Geocaching is
a game where people have to find geocaches that are associated with a set
of coordinates. I love this idea a lot.
For more info and see where the caches are see the links below :
The goal is to organise a fun get together. Javed and I were originally
thinking we would make that happen in Gatineau Hills. There would also be a
possibility to chill out afterwards.
There used to be a Geocaching group on http://www.meetup.com, but not any
more. So what I am thinking is the following :
- If we have few people, we do one group, and that group go after the
- If we have a lot, we can do team on different geocaches, and try to
see which team is the fastest
- Eventually, we can take some time for a beer / coffee together at the
In terms of organization, this is how I see things :
- The geocaching party must fit into a morning. We all have things to do
during the week-end.
- People should be able to bring their folks / friends.
- This should be advertised on meetup well in advance and on our wiki
- People need to let me know in advance what their feeling is like
towards that. I don't want to spend time organizing that if it is of
interest to no one.
So, where do we start ;)? I suggest you first let me know what you think
about this idea.
- Are you open to that concept.
- Would you rather see that replace the monthly meeting the month it
happens? (That is definitely doable)
Remember, I really need your feedback to make that happen, so share your
ideas, pros, and cons as soon as possible.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ottawa_users