[Ottawa_users] Ottawa_users Digest, Vol 124, Issue 1

Javed Syed motivism at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 14:55:00 PDT 2017

I am available for the talk – Javed Syed

 Subject: Ottawa_users Digest, Vol 124, Issue 1
 To: ottawa_users at lists.osgeo.org

 Send Ottawa_users mailing list submissions
     ottawa_users at lists.osgeo.org

 To subscribe or unsubscribe via the
 World Wide Web, visit
     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/ottawa_users
 or, via email, send a message with
 subject or body 'help' to
     ottawa_users-request at lists.osgeo.org

 You can reach the person managing the
 list at
     ottawa_users-owner at lists.osgeo.org

 When replying, please edit your Subject
 line so it is more specific
 than "Re: Contents of Ottawa_users
 digest..."

 Today's Topics:

    1. Fwd: FOSS4G Boston 2017
 Welcome Talk (Dave Mcilhagga)

 Message: 1
 Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 22:31:54 -0400
 From: Dave Mcilhagga <dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com>
 To: "Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter
 List"
     <ottawa_users at lists.osgeo.org>
 Cc: Guido Stein <gstein at appgeo.com>
 Subject: [Ottawa_users] Fwd: FOSS4G
 Boston 2017 Welcome Talk

 Hi Ottawa folks,

 Is anyone from the Ottawa group
 attending the show this year? If so — see below, Guido is
 looking for a volunteer to speak on behalf of the Ottawa
 chapter.

 Thanks,

 Dave

 > Begin forwarded message:
 >
 > From: Guido Stein <gstein at appgeo.com>
 > Subject: FOSS4G Boston 2017
 Welcome Talk
 > Date: July 17, 2017 at 3:17:16 PM
 GMT-4
 > To: Dave McIlhagga <dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com>
 >
 > Hello Dave,
 >
 > I'm Guido Stein, the Co-Chair of
 FOSS4G Boston 2017. We have been working feverishly to get
 things ready for the big show in August and are working hard
 to welcome the community to our shores.

 > I would like to invite you to take
 part in our opening plenary. We are putting together a few 5
 minute lightening welcome talks on behalf of the different
 branches of OSGeo. We have a project talk, a committee talk,
 and would like to invite you to do a welcome as a local
 chapter member based in North America. I think it would be
 great to have a non-US chapter representative to do a
 welcome to the international event.

 > As the conference is only a month
 away and I do not know if you are intending to come to the
 conference, I would be happy to extend this invitation to
 anyone you feel would do a good job of representing your
 chapter.

 > The one caveat I have is that I
 need to know if you or anyone from your chapter will be able
 to take me up on this offer by the end of the week. If you
 cannot take me up on this offer please let me know as soon
 as possible I can find another lightening speaker to take
 the slot in the opening plenary.

 > Please feel free to call me if you
 have any questions: 617.447.2444

 > Thank you for your consideration,
 >
 > Guido Stein
 > Co-Chair FOSS4G Boston 2017
 >
 > This e-mail message and any
 attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged
 information. If you are not an intended recipient or
 otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not
 use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on
 the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments.
 If you have received this message and material in error,
 please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
 Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).