[Ottawa_users] OS Geo Meetup - Apr 19

Jérôme St-Louis jerstlouis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:13:51 PDT 2018

Hi Fabien, all,

Yes I will be there, and I am hoping some of you will join.
Sorry for not sending out an invitation yet, it has been a busy day.

I am actually having a chat with Karine Jean tomorrow about starting to
to build up interest in the community to prepare a strong bid to host
FOSS4G 2020 in Ottawa!
So I was hoping to discuss this and start gathering letters of support
early to show how much of a strong GIS community we have in
Gatineau/Ottawa and beyond, on this side of the border.

Also, the community voting for FOSS4G 2018 in Dar-es-Salam is open and I
would like to invite you all to vote for your favorite topics/talks (
and hoping some of you are planning to attend as well ! )
I submitted a proposition for a talk about a Unified Map Service, and
planning to attend if the talk is accepted.

http://community-review.foss4g.org

See you guys tomorrow!

Best regards,

-Jerome