[Ottawa_users] March OSGeo Meetup - QGIS Server Presentation, OSGeo Workshop at GeoIgnite

Jérôme St-Louis jerstlouis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:56:15 PDT 2019

Dear Ottawa OSGeo community,

Please join us tomorrow, Thursday, March 21st, for our monthly meet-up
at the Fox & Feather, around 7:00 PM.

Stefan will give us a small presentation about QGIS Server: what the
tool is, why use it, how to publish maps with it, as well as its
limitations.

We would also like to discuss the possibility of organizing a workshop
on OSGeo software on the fringe of the GeoIgnite conference, which is
coming up June 18-19.

Also, I would like to let you guys know that the report from our work in
OGC Testbed 14 on CityGML and Augmented Reality is now publicly available:

     http://docs.opengeospatial.org/per/18-025.html

In addition to covering the challenges of augmented reality
applications, it details among other things the WFS extension we
developed for making requests for 3D data such as referenced and
positioned 3D buildings, as well as the E3D compact 3D model format and
a revision of the GNOSIS Map Tile standard to support referenced or
embedded 3D models as well as point clouds. I would also be happy to
talk a bit about this if there is time and interest.

Hoping to see some of you tomorrow!

Best regards,

-Jerome