[owslib-devel] WCS 1.1.x users / developments ?

Dominic Lowe dominic.lowe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 08:15:03 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

I implemented most of the current WCS 1.1 support but stopped at the
time because:

a) nobody seemed to be implementing 1.1
b) 1.1 introduced all sorts of complicated concepts to do with
imageCRS/gridCRS that weren't well understood by many people (me included)
c) WCS 2.0 was being developed and discarded many of the 1.1 concepts

So in my opinion at the time, 1.1 looked like having a very short shelf
life compared to 1.0 or 2.0.

Now WCS 2.0 is out, and seems to have some traction I would question
whether it would be worth putting effort into 1.1 (unless you need it
for your own purposes and are willing to do so).

Stephan Meissel looked at WCS 2.0 implementation (in owslib) at one
point but he may have gone down a different route.
Personally I'm not doing any active development on owslib at the moment :(

Cheers,
Dom

On 05/04/12 16:05, jachym.cepicky at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on WFS 1.1.0 - not WCS
>
> On the other hand, WCS is also in my scope, so I could colaborate with
> you, if you are on it
>
> Jachym
>
> On 5.4.2012 15:17, Michael Schulz wrote:
>> Hi OWSLib WCS users,
>>
>> I would like to know whether there are anywhere some developments going on
>> to better support WCS 1.1.x versions?
>> I think there are still some parts missing in the implementation (happy to
>> be corrected if I'm wrong). I'd be happy to work on and contribute some
>> patches for this.
>>
>>   I think I even remember someone talking about developments for WCS 2.0
>> support. Any news about this?
>>
>> Cheers, Michael

>> Better than sec? Nothing is better than sec when it comes to
>> monitoring Big Data applications. Try Boundary one-second
>> resolution app monitoring today. Free.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-dev2dev

Scanned by iCritical.