[OWSLib-devel] [owslib-users] Bug in owslib?

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 08:15:12 PDT 2013

I'm guessing Luca may have some comments per below.

..Tom

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:17:12 +0200
From: christopher.eykamp at tudor.lu
To: owslib-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [owslib-users] Bug in owslib?

    Hello,

    I sent this query to the owslib-devel list  a few weeks ago, and got
    no response.  I'm trying again here.  I've fixed this in my local
    copy of owslib, but want some reaffirmation that it is actually a
    bug, and that my fix makes sense.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    -------------------

    I found what might be a bug in owslib, and want to confirm it.
    Fortunately, if I am correct, it is a trivial fix.

    So this is the issue:

    I *think* that when parsing the results
    of a WPS DescribeCoverage request, literal outputs are included in
    the LiteralOutput tag. owslib seems to be looking for the
    LiteralData tag, which is used in the input.

    So the fix would be to replace

    self._parseLiteralData(outputElement, 'LiteralData')

    with

    self._parseLiteralData(outputElement, 'LiteralOutput')

    in wps.py, line c. 979.

    I can be more specific if there is consensus that this is indeed a
    problem.

    Thanks!

    Chris