[OWSLib-users] Help please: python3-OWSLib for virtualenv

Graeme Gummow (G²Sol) graeme.gummow at g2sol.com.au
Sun Sep 27 18:17:07 PDT 2015

I'm having problems trying to install owslib (and for that matter pyproj) into virtualenv/virtualenvwrapper (virtual environment).

I'm building a system based on Python 3.4 (VirtualBox: Xubuntu 14.04) to talk directly to GeoNode on a separate virtual host on the same server via OWSLib.
Geonode is tied to a Python 2.7 virtualenv and my application is tied to a Python 3.4 virtualenv.

The issues are:

·         The standard OSWLib appears to be Python2 while python3-OWSLib seems to be Python 3;

·         Pypi does not appear to provide for pip3 install of python3-OWSLib into a virtualenv;

·         Apt-get python3-OWSLib seems to work from a Debian repository but does not install so that Ubuntu 14.04 virtualenv sees the installed files;

·         Similar problem exist for the dependency 'pyproj' (Python 3 interface to PROJ4);

Can anyone provide me with instructions or advice or point me in the right direction (i.e. install owslib into a Ubuntu 'trusty' python 3 virtualenv).

Regards
Graeme Gummow
Principal Consultant/Managing Director
G Squared Solutions
P: +61 3 9752 0550
M: +61 417 157 364

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the Addressee only. The confidential nature of the information contained in the email and attached files is not waived or lost if it is sent in error to someone other than the Addressee. Use or dissemination of the information contained in the email and/or files by a recipient other than the Addressee may cause commercial damage to both/either the Sender and/or Addressee. If you are not the Addressee of this email/files please immediately contact the Sender and delete this email/files. Whilst any attachments may have been checked for viruses, you should rely on your own virus checking program and procedures. We accept No liability for loss or damage, whether caused by our negligence.