[OWSLib-users] OWSlib - CSW metadata

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:55:17 PDT 2016

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Henrik Schuller wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 12:57:24 +0200
> From: Henrik Schuller <hgs716 at gmail.com>
> To: OWSLib-users at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [OWSLib-users] OWSlib - CSW metadata
>
> Hi,
>

> I am using OWSlib to GetRecords from a CSW
> (*http://www.geonorge.no/geonetwork/srv/nor/csw-service
> <http://www.geonorge.no/geonetwork/srv/nor/csw-service>*, but I would like
> to get more information about the records than what is given in dublin
> core. Is there any easy way that I could get information like
> gmd:individualName or srv:operatesOn for every record?
>

> I can see that this information is available in OWSlib - iso, but I don't
> see an easy way to implement it for the csw.records.

Try doing the getrecords2 request using ISO as the outputschema (Dublin Core
is default):

from owslib.csw import CatalogueServiceWeb

csw = CatalogueServiceWeb('http://www.geonorge.no/geonetwork/srv/nor/csw-service')

csw.getrecords2(outputschema='http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd')

The CSW will then return the ISO representation of matching metadata records.

Hope this helps

..Tom