[pal-developer] setFeatureDistLabel()

Maxence Laurent maxence.laurent at heig-vd.ch
Wed Jun 30 10:33:53 EDT 2010

Hi

There is two cases : for point features and for line features

1) Point Feature
  Distlabel define the minimum distance to have bw the label and the
point. It's usually used to forbid the label to overlap the symbol
displayed over the point
Distlabel doesn't set the size of the symbol since pal only cares about
label placement, but distlabel is set according to the radius of the
circumscribed circle of the symbol

2) Line feature
  With a P_LINE_AROUND alignment, distlabel define the perpendicular
offset bw the line and the label. In this case, using a distlabel a
little bit bigger than half the stroke width is a good idea

regards
    Maxence