[pdal] Metadata/Option vs naked property_tree

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Wed Apr 25 13:03:22 EDT 2012

Nuts -- I was afraid we'd come back to this. :-(    Yes, I wound up not exposing the raw property trees, but I can't recall why right now. At least part of it was I wanted to a tighter/cleaner/simpler interface than property_tree gives, but more than that I don't recall.

When you write "path.to.data" does that imply this structure

	Key: "path"
	Value: <a ptree>
		Key: "to:"
		Value: <a ptree>
			Key: "data"
			Value: <an actual string or int or something>

as opposed to just this:

	Key: "path.to.data"
	Value: <an actual string or int or something>

?
-mpg