[pdal] Boost compile failure under MSVC 2010 : droppable accumulator (boost ticket 6535)

Michael Rosen michael.rosen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:48:47 EST 2012

Just got back from the codesprint at Islandwood.  One thing we found out is
that you could not build under windows.  We've got a work around checked
into include/pdal/filters/Stats.hpp but that's not fixing the problem.

I'm re-posting here in the hopes that someone (Mateuz?) could offer some
insight into this:

We are using Boost 1.48.0 and found a compilation failure on Windows using
VS 2010. The project builds properly on Linux and OSX. I've provided a
concise repro below. In short

   - a plain density accumulator is OK
   - a droppable density accumulator fails to compile (missing operator)
   - a droppable sum accumulator is OK.

#include <boost/accumulators/accumulators.hpp>
#include <boost/accumulators/statistics/density.hpp>
#include <boost/accumulators/statistics/stats.hpp>
#include <boost/accumulators/statistics/sum.hpp>
using namespace boost;
using namespace accumulators;
// OK.  Plain density accumulator.  Compiles fine on VStudio 2010, boost v1.48.0
//typedef accumulator_set<double, features<tag::density> > DensityAcc;

// NG.  Droppable density accumulator causes "error C2676: binary '['
: 'const boost::accumulators::droppable_accumulator<Accumulator>' does
not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the
predefined operator"
typedef accumulator_set<double, features< droppable<tag::density>> > DensityAcc;

// OK.  Droppable sum accumulator seems OK.
// typedef accumulator_set<double, features< droppable<tag::sum>> > SumAcc;

int main()
{
  DensityAcc myAccumulator( tag::density::num_bins = 20,
tag::density::cache_size = 10);
  //SumAcc myAccumulator;
  return 0;
}