[pdal] Cloneable streams

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 28 05:38:04 EDT 2012

On 27 March 2012 15:18, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at flaxen.com> wrote:
> The "clonable" part comes from supplying a function to make a new stream, since
> streams in and of themselves aren't clonable (well, they might be, but the important
> bit is that you need to be able to make a new file pointer somehow...)

Streams represent physical resource exposed by OS, so they are not copyable.
What that would mean anyway.
However, streams can be implemented as shared handlers or wrapped with shared
handlers and those handlers can be copyable of course.
But still, copies would refer to the original resource.

It's unclear to me what it means to create new stream.
Is it new stream to existing resource or new stream together with new resource?

Best regards,