[pdal] PostGIS for Travis CI configuration

Albert Godfrind albert.godfrind at oracle.com
Fri Jun 28 12:33:12 PDT 2013

> I see. In case we need testing against Oracle, then we will have to
> connect  to external database. I have VM with Oracle XE that I use for SOCI,
> but not sure if would be feature-capable for PDAL.

Support for point clouds (as well as tins and other 3D structures) is only in Oracle Enterprise Edition with the Spatial option.
Oracle EE (and other software) is freely available for product development, testing, evaluations and demos at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html

You can also get a ready-for-use virtual machine with Oracle EE 11.2.0.3 pre-installed from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer-vm/index.html. This is also strictly for testing and evaluations.

Albert

On Jun 28, 2013, at 11:21 , Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> On 27 June 2013 16:21, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 27, 2013, at 4:12 AM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I added basic setup of Travis CI service for PDAL.
>>> The status page is available here
>>>
>>> https://travis-ci.org/PDAL/PDAL
>>>
>>> In next iterations, I'm going to configure build with all features,
>>> so all tests are run.
>>>

>> Thanks for doing this! This will allow me to shutdown http://jenkins.pointcloud.org
>> when the server it is hosted on is decommissioned at the end of August.
>
> I see. In case we need testing against Oracle, then we will have to
> connect  to external database. I have VM with Oracle XE that I use for SOCI,
> but not sure if would be feature-capable for PDAL.
>
>>> Travis CI uses Ubuntu 12.04, so it installs some newer packages
>>> from ppa:ubuntugis, like GDAL 1.9.
>>> I have question about PostgreSQL/PostGIS, what versions we
>>> need in order to build with -DWITH_PGPOINTCLOUD=ON?
>>>
>>> Are we fine with stable
>>> ppa:ubuntugis/ppa
>>> or
>>> ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
>>> or
>>> do we need to build PostGIS?
>>

>> I don't see any integrated tests on the PDAL side for pgpointcloud, so I'm assuming
>> that all testing related to Paul's efforts exist on the extension (rather than PDAL) side for now.
>> We don't need to build PostGIS, just pgpointcloud, and install the extension before testing it.
>
> Ok, I'll try to build Paul's pgpc in next iteration.
>
> According to CMakeLists.txt, there are several dependencies we
> don't build PDAL with, I'll be adding them too.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Albert Godfrind | Geospatial technologies | Tel: +33 4 93 00 88 91 | Mobile: +33 6 09 97 27 23 | Skype: albert-godfrind
Oracle Server Technologies
400 Av. Roumanille, BP 309  | 06906 Sophia Antipolis cedex | France
Everything you ever wanted to know about Oracle Spatial