[pdal] reading in comma-separated x,y,z

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:24:08 PST 2013

On Mar 2, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Doug Newcomb <newcomb.ttg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed that pc2pc will convert las format files to comma separated txt from the example, but there is no documentation in the pc2pc command for converting comma-delimited text files into las fomat.

Doug,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to go TXT->PDAL yet. I have been working on a boost::spirit-based csv reader, but it hasn't moved up the queue far enough to do the leg work to complete it.

https://github.com/hobu/spiritcsv

LAStools has been enough for me to get to LAS and then to whatever. This area needs some work.