[pdal] PDAL and OpenLayers

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Nov 12 06:40:38 PST 2013

On Nov 11, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Eran Nevo <eran at utilis.co.il> wrote:

> Hi there ,
> Can anyone point me to an example how to implement PDAL with OpenLayers ?
> I have LAS file and PostGIS db with points in them.
> Want to try PDAL.

OpenLayers is a web JavaScript technology. PDAL is a data translation software focused on transformations from one format to another. You could try using PDAL to export point cloud data to GeoJSON (using drivers.text.writer) and importing that into an OpenLayers map in some way. You are very likely to overwhelm any browser, however, with any significant amount of point cloud data.