[pdal] NITRO NITF

Murphy, Robert T. ROBERT.T.MURPHY at leidos.com
Thu Nov 14 18:52:03 PST 2013

Hi:

1. I am building PDAL under Fedora 19. I want to support NITF. Should only the NITRO NITF library from github ( /hobu/nitro ) be the one built to use with PDAL, or will it also work with the NITRO NITF repository from SourceForge.  I see you use NITRO NITF version 2.7, but diff'ing them show some source code changes.

2. Using the /hobu/nitro repository, the build instructions indicate to use WAF as is typical of NITRO NITF. When I ran WAF it threw an error ("build module not found"). However I saw cmake files and ran it and it built with no problem. Is CMAKE good to go to build the lib? It only produced dynamic linked libraries (libnitf-c.so and libnitf-cpp.so). I tested it and it was working.

Thanks

Todd Murphy
Leidos (formarlly SAIC)
(571) 263-7504