[pdal] coordinate precision pgpointcloud writer?

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Nov 18 07:31:08 PST 2014

Note that in the latest PDAL master the XYZ dimensions are going to be stored by default in pgpointcloud as doubles. There is nothing currently in the PDAL to reorient their storage to something like LAS-style scaled int32_t's, which was the case that was often happening in the versions of PDAL that existed when most of pgpointcloud was developed. This consideration must be remembered when interacting with a lot of the existing pgpointcloud documentation, which assumed the int32_t-style behavior.

> On Nov 18, 2014, at 6:36 AM, Ashley Mort <ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com> wrote:
>
> Those accessors would be useful; the first or second.  I am basically just trying to create a csv of x,y,z,r,b,g out of all my pcpoints.

PDAL does have a text driver if simply writing out ASCII of the point cloud is what you ultimately want.