[pdal] coordinate precision pgpointcloud writer?

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Nov 18 08:18:56 PST 2014

> On Nov 18, 2014, at 10:11 AM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
>
> Why is this? doesn’t that mean now I’m going to have a bunch of fluffy doubles in my database instead of nice terse ints?

Today you are going to get a bunch of fluffy doubles.

Tomorrow, after we implement an option in the pgpointcloud writer (and all the other writers too), we can make it store whatever we want.

The reason for the change was the burden of having to maintain dimension type (int, double, etc) throughout all filters, writers, and readers was simply too annoying and too easy for things to screw up. The current design is much simpler for simple things.