[pdal] pdal translate: reprojection error

Stefan Ziegler stefan.ziegler.de at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:41:35 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm trying to reproject some laz files with the pdal translate command:

pdal translate --input LAS_594217_LV95_shift.laz --output
LAS_594217_LV95_shift_v2.laz --compress --a_srs EPSG:21781 --t_srs EPSG:2056

I'm ending up with an error:

PDAL: Stage filters.reprojection missing required option 'out_srs'.

Replacing "translateOptions" with "readerOptions" on line 220 in
https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/12ff867990c0176de5aa121e90b23ec1fe5b7c0d/kernels/translate/TranslateKernel.cpp
solves the problem. Not sure if this REALLY solves the problem but the
reprojection works. I do not dare to make a pull request because the
"translateOptions" parameter now seems obsolete? And I don't understand the
process behind all this stage etc stuff ;)

Would be great if anyone could have a look.

best regards
Stefan