[pdal] PDAL Python bindings

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Aug 12 07:21:30 PDT 2015

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 3:37 AM, Stefan Ziegler <stefan.ziegler.de at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> The project goals are mentioning Python bindings for PDAL:
>
> http://www.pdal.io/development/goals.html
>
> Are there any bindings available? If not, could this be sponsered?

There was some effort in creating some SWIG bindings for PDAL, but I'm not sure it's the right approach. With the programmable and predicate filters, you have most of the Python capability you would need, and the only thing I can think of that isn't there yet is the ability to execute a pipeline into a Numpy array (a Python writer, if you will).

What exactly did you want to achieve with Python bindings for PDAL?