[pdal] lidar2dems released

Matt Hanson matt.a.hanson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:27:17 PDT 2015

Hello PDAL list members,

You may remember I've been working on creating DEMs from LiDAR data and
have posted various questions to the list over the past few months.

I'm happy to say that as a result of the work we've done (processing of
about 3 TB of LiDAR data into DEMs), we have an collection of utilities we
have released as open source.

lidar2dems uses PDAL (and PCL) in some command line utilities to make it
easy to create DEMs from las files.   Multiple point clouds can be merged
together automatically, and the code can process input in pieces which we
found was necessary for some very large data sets.

Documentation and tutorial can be found at:
http://applied-geosolutions.github.io/lidar2dems/

and the project is on GitHub:
https://github.com/Applied-GeoSolutions/lidar2dems

- matt