[pdal] PDAL on OSGeo4W

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Jun 19 05:47:35 PDT 2015

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 1:32 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 18 June 2015 at 17:18, Bradley Chambers <brad.chambers at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Luca,
>>

> Hi Bradley,
>
> first of all thanks for the speed
>
>> Give it a try now.
>>
>> I picked off of master this morning
>> (a0cf5bb2b4a6ab82a41ababc7af1b413620d5c4d) and bumped the version to
>> 1.0.0b2.
>>

> nothing change :-( , I saw that you compile only the 64 bit version
> and we are using the 32 bit

Oh, you wanted 32 bit… A few items that will make it very unlikely there’s a 32 bit OSGeo4W build out of the current PDAL team again:

* It would mean recompiling and making OSGeo4W packages for a bunch of support libraries (hexer, points2grid, etc) that have unknown Win32 status. This is especially true for PCL
* Our tree’s configuration is to now expect to target OSGeo4W64 and there would be a lot of work to abstract that out
* None of the current dev team members are really users of PDAL on windows. All do run on 64 bit platforms though, so at least that aspect is covered.

That said, of course we’d happily take patches and packages that accomplishes what you need.